A 10-SECOND ENCOUNTER
- In 1996, I knew nothing about cigars, other than which end to cut and which end to light.
- It was my passion for cigars that encouraged me to invest my life into something I love; founding Alec Bradley Cigar Company.
- As a company we’ve had our ups and downs, but we are proud of the fact that many have come to love and enjoy our cigars.
- I could sit here and tell you things like “our brand is synonymous with quality” and “we make the best cigars”, etcetera, but the reality is that we just want to make cigars that people can enjoy.
- The part of our history that really makes us who we are today comes down to a 10-second encounter that changed everything.
- In 1998, the cigar boom was in decline and the industry was struggling to survive; I was in the same boat.
- So, after having known Ralph for only a few months, we decided to join forces to create our first cigar together: Occidental Reserve.
- The response proved that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and that pushed us to continue to develop cigars that we and others have been excited to smoke.